Thursday 14 June 2012

These days I've been finding it challenging to keep up, to 'stay on top of things.' My personal time-space continuum seems to be a little off kilter. Now usually I would welcome this reprieve from the business of everyday life. But right now, I feel like I'm two months behind. I spent the day calling 4 different government offices regarding an issue that arrived in the mail over a month ago. But it wasn't until today that I realised that this should not be delayed any longer. I find myself longing for less business and rush rush to my life. When I stop and think about it though I realize it's in my head, that I don't actually need to rush anywhere as I don't make a lot of trips out of the village these days. But that what is pulling at my mind is school, my dead line is counting done in single digit weeks now and it is frightening the pants off me as I have SO MUCH TO DO.

Now at the heart of it, I know I will buckle down and finish up all my case studies in time, why this weekend alone I will finish two at the very least but right now, my goodness. There is so much happening in my heart and head as always that I can't concentrate. I "ought" to be studying for a pathology final I have tomorrow morning but I can't stop thinking about all the things I want to read and write once school is complete in a matter of weeks and then there's the prospect of moving and holding that high vision for our family in a new town, while my husband attends school. And everything in between! I am longing I think for a slower pace within my mind, for the freedom to just sit and stare out the window with out the guilt or nagging of school work. I'm even longing to slowly do house work. Ya I've been whipping through it in a frenzy trying to make more time to study and it's all just too much. I will be so happy to be done school. 6 more weeks of classes, and then 4 weeks to the FINAL EXAM.

Then the freedom to consider all the other wonderful things in my life.

such as this: http://www.mamamuse.com/services/mamamuse-un-midwifery-mentorship/

No comments:

Post a Comment